4th of July is just a few weeks away! Have you made plans? Maybe you’re having a cookout, shooting off some fireworks, or heading to the beach. Whatever you do, you’re not going to want to miss out on this great motor skills activity! Set up your own Straw Fireworks Painting Station with just these few materials:
You Will Need:
- Red, white and/or blue paper
- Red, white and blue paint
- Paper Plates
- To set up your very own straw painting station you’ll want to start by prepping your straws for your residents or community
- To create your firework “stamp” start by cutting your straw down the middle. You should have two straw “flaps.” Continue cutting each “flap” in half until they’re too small to cut anymore. Fold your “flaps” down. You’ll want to make sure the “flaps” are all equal length. This will help the stamp lay down flat.
- Once you have plenty of straw stamps made to share, squeeze red, white and blue paint onto their own respective plates. Place a few straw stamps with each color.
- Allow residents to choose between a variety of paper color – we stuck with the festive red, white and blue.
- Dip the straw into the paint then press onto the paper. You may have to use your fingers to help the “flaps” touch the paper. Once they touch the paper, lift the straw – you should be left with a beautiful firework! Layer with different colors to create a more dimensional effect.
- Allow to dry, hang and enjoy!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!