Happy Friday! For this week’s craft you’ll want to stock up on Popsicle Sticks! This hands-on, interactive activity is fun to make while also fine-tuning motor skills! Let’s decorate!
You Will Need:
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun
- Plastic Spiders
- Start with 4 popsicle sticks – using your hot glue gun, glue two sticks together perpendicular to one another. Repeat with two more, then glue the 4 sticks together.
- Repeat step 1 as many times as needed. Hand these out to your residents.
- Provide your residents with paint colors of their choice and paintbrushes. Allow them time to paint the front and back sides of their popsicle stick figure.
4. Once your residents have painted their popsicle sticks, help them tie on a 2ft long string or piece of twine to the center of their popsicle sticks as demonstrated below:
5. Weave your piece of string through the popsicle sticks. Start by wrapping the string around the closest popsicle stick near the center. Continue wrapping the string around the popsicle sticks moving either clockwise or counterclockwise. Each time you pass your original starting place, move a little further away from the center.
6. Add plastic spiders and hang your spider webs to decorate for Halloween!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!