We love these Thankful Turkeys for a cute and cheap Thanksgiving craft. This craft really allows for you to get creative and try new things. 🦃
What You’ll Need:
- Multi-colored Construction Paper
- Toilet Paper Rolls (We suggest saving rolls throughout the month. There’s so many crafts you can do with the rolls! A creative and excellent way to be thrifty.)
- Glue Stick or Tape
- Start by cleaning your roll off. Bits of leftover paper can easily be removed by peeling it off with your fingers.
- Decide if you would like to wrap your roll with paper or keep the roll clean.
- Next, decorate your main body turkey. Here’s a chance to be creative! If you so choose, add wings, turkey face and legs!
- Next, cut out your tail feathers. They can be as big or as small as you choose. If you decide to write what you’re thankful for on the feathers, we suggest larger so you have more room to write. Write your reasons to be thankful before attaching the tail feathers to the main body.
- Now, attach the tail feathers together using a glue stick or tape. You have two options to attach your tail feathers. The first option is shown in the image above. Cut a small slit at the top on the roll so you are able to slide the feathers in. The other option is to attach the feathers to the back.
You’re ready to show off your Thankful Turkey!
Your Thankful Turkey is done! Check out ours below for inspiration, because everyone needs a dose of creativity before getting started. Are you at an Assisted Living or Memory Care facility? Make a demo beforehand so you can help step by step. 💖
Free November Puzzle Downloads 👇
Did you miss November’s free puzzle download? Click here to check it out! 🤗
Have you followed us on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest? It’s a great way to stay in touch, get an inside look into daily life here at Corwin and see the products we offer to help you better your community! 🤓