What’s better than snow? Snow Dough! The joy of snow without the cold and the wet. Making yours is super easy and requires only two ingredients!
You Will Need:
- Cheap White Conditioner
- Medium Bowl
- Mason Jar
- In a Medium Mixing Bowl combine 1 cup of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of conditioner together. We’re using Suave Coconut Conditioner. Make sure whatever conditioner you choose smells how you would like the dough to smell. If you’re sensitive to smells try using a scentless conditioner. While mixing, sprinkle in your favorite color(s) glitter. Add as much or as little as you’d like.
- With your stirring stick, stir together ingredients. If you find your dough is too sticky, sprinkle in cornstarch until the texture is as desired. If your dough is too dry, try adding a little more conditioner.
- When your dough is smooth, not too wet, and not too dry, it’s ready to handle.
- To keep our “Snow Dough” fresh we’ll put it in a tightly sealed mason jar.
- Cut and tie a cute ribbon around the neck of your mason jar.
- Gift or play!
To Avoid the Mess:
- Pre-mix your snow in a large bowl, but leave out the glitter.
- Give each resident a Mason Jar and a paper plate.
- Allow them to scoop up their own snow dough and put it in their Mason Jar.
- With an array of glitter choices available, allow your residents to pick their favorite color(s) of glitter.
- With your resident’s paper plate in front of them, dump the dough out onto the plate. Sprinkle glitter on top of the dough. Mix thoroughly and play!
- Include googly eyes, toothpicks, and orange triangles cut from construction paper for your residents to build their own snowmen!
Sensory Snow Bin:
- Place paper plates or wax paper out on a table for your residents.
- In a large bin/tray/unused litter box, combine and mix your cornstarch, conditioner, and glitter. Leave out in the middle of the table. I recommend a container that can be sealed.
- Supply tools to play in your Snow Dough. Shovels, pales, cookie cutters, rolling pins, and plastic cutlery.
- Allow your residents to play as they please!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to email@example.com to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!