Learn to make these tissue paper flowers with your residents!
You Will Need:
- Tissue Paper (Assorted Colors)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Start with a single sheet of tissue paper. Cut this sheet of paper into at least 4 sections of equal length and width.
- Neatly stack your small sheets of tissue paper one on top of the other.
- Fold the shortest side about an inch to two inches in. Accordion fold the tissue paper.
- Depending on how large you want your flower you can either cut the paper in half (as shown in the video), leave it as-is, or trim it to make it the perfect size.
- Once your accordion paper is the perfect length, you’ll want to staple it in the middle.
- Using your scissors, round the edges of the paper, make them pointy, or even shred the ends. (example below)
7. Begin separating the sheets of tissue paper and ruffling up the petals of your flower.
8. Next, grab a skewer. Using your hot glue gun, add a dab of glue to the sharp end. Stick this end at the bottom of your flower. (I also recommend using green plant tape to wrap around the skewer to make it look like an actual stem.)
9. With your vase handy, fill with flowers! If your vase is transparent try adding rocks, marbles, or even a brown paper bag to hide the stems.
10. You’re Finished! Decorate your countertops with vases of flowers from your residents!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to email@example.com to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!