Therapeutic Recreation Week Day #5
Playing with slime is a sensory play activity allowing adults and children to utilize and understand all five senses. When several senses are stimulated at once, creativity and learning are built through exploration. Sensory play also encourages development of coordination and fine motor skills making it a great recreational activity for everyone to enjoy! Making your own is easy – we recommend making some with all of your residents!
You Will Need:
- Elmer’s Slime Kit (available at Walmart)
- Includes Glitter Glue
- Includes “Magic Solution”
- Extra Glitter
- Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Stick
- Begin By dumping the entire bottle of glitter glue into your mixing bowl.
- Next, add extra glitter if you wish.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Next, add the “Magic Solution.” If you can’t find the slime kit with the included “magic solution” Contact Cleaning Solution works just the same!
- Mix well.
- Allow 5-10 minutes to set – it’ll be extremely sticky and hard to manipulate if you try to play with it right away.
- Store in a small Ziploc container or bag to enjoy at any moment!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!