National Honey Bee Awareness Day is coming up this August 17th! “Bee” prepared to make some adorable honey bee paintings! This craft is super cute and easy to do. A little paint and stamping can make something “bee”-utiful!
You Will Need:
- Bubble Wrap
- Honey Bee Stamp
- Yellow and Black Paint
- Construction Paper
- Paint Brush
- Paper Plates
- Start with a clean sheet of white paper. We used construction paper.
- Squeeze a decent amount of yellow paint onto your paper plate. On a separate plate squeeze a little bit of black paint.
- Next, using your bubble wrap, dip the bubble side of the bubble wrap into the yellow paint. You may need to use your paintbrush to brush some of the yellow paint onto the bubble wrap.
- Once your bubble wrap is painted and prepped, press the painted side against the white paper. When you peel back the bubble wrap, you should be left with a circular/hexagon pattern.
- Next, we’ll be using our bee stamp. We were lucky enough to have a bee stamp hand-made for us, but if necessary a trip to Michael’s might save you time.
- For this step, you can either use stamp ink or black paint like we did. Coat your stamp in ink or paint and decorate your honeycomb painting!
What You Can Do to Help Protect Bees
- Urge Congress to pass the Saving America’s Pollinators Act and to protect the Endangered Species Act.
- Sign Earth Day Network’s Pesticide Pledge to help reduce the amount of pesticides that are killing insects like pollinators
- Become a beekeeper or plant a bee-friendly garden with native wildflowers and plants.
- Learn how to go green, protect the environment and fight global warming with our 45 easy-to-follow tips.
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!