The New Year is right around the corner, but so is the Chinese New Year!
Create these festive Chinese New Year Paper Lanterns with everyone at your facility!
You Will Need:
- Two different colored pieces of construction paper (We used the festive Red & Yellow, but you can choose whichever colors you’d like)
- Select the paper color you would like to be the outside of your lantern. Lay the paper down flat. Trim off a half-inch wide piece of paper like the one pictured below. Set the half-inch wide piece aside.
2. With the larger piece of paper, fold it in half.
3. Using a pencil and a ruler draw a line length-wise on the open-side of your folded piece of paper about half an inch to an inch thick.
4. With your marked, folded piece of paper in hand, grab your scissors and cut half-inch thick lines down the folded side of the paper. Don’t cut the paper all the way – stop at the line you marked previously. Set aside.
5. With your second color paper, lay it out flat. With the short end in hand, roll the piece of paper to the other end, then tape to secure. This should create a roll.
6. Lay your “roll” on top of the cut piece of paper – align the edges and roll the cut piece of paper around the “roll.” Tape to secure the ends. Repeat on the opposite end.
7. You should be left with something that looks a little like this:
8. Grab the inch-wide slip of paper you trimmed off earlier. With a couple of pieces of tape, place them on the ends of the slip. Secure to the lantern to create a handle.
10. Ta-da! Ready for the new year! Hang and celebrate!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to email@example.com to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!