Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate all Moms all across the world. From new mothers to the most experienced of mothers, the bond a mother has with her child is certainly special. If there’s any way to cherish mom, it’s to always remember her – even after Mother’s Day! This DIY Friday, we will be making a memorable photo vase in honor of Mom. Use it to decorate or even gift to that special Mom in your life! Happy Mother’s Day!
You will need
- Mason Jar
- Photo of you and your Mom
- Floral Foam
- Fake Flowers
- Paint Brushes
- Scotch Tape
- Begin by placing your vinyl sticker on the outside of your mason jar. Preferably use a square or circle sticker. The size of your sticker will determine the size of your photo frame.
- Choose yours or your mom’s favorite color(s) to paint the outside of the mason jar however you choose. Make sure to paint over the sticker and cover all of the edges!
- Allow time for this to dry.
- Using your floral foam, cut it to fit into the mouth of the mason jar. Push it to the bottom – we will use this to stick our flowers into to keep them from moving around.
- After your jar has dried, peel back the sticker or vinyl to reveal a small window. This window will be your photo frame!
- Print and cut out your photo to fit the vase window. Using a small piece of tape, tape your photo to the inside of your mason jar with the image facing out.
- Using plastic flowers, cut and arrange however you like. But you don’t necessarily have to stop at plastic – re-pot a real plant to your mason jar to liven up your Photo Vase.
- Enjoy your Mother’s Day Mason Jar Memories!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!