What’s a great way to repurpose toilet paper rolls after all the binge buying? Homemade Kazoos! Here at Corwin, we have a bin for recycling our paper towel and toilet paper rolls so nothing goes to waste. Ready to make some music? 🎼
You will need:
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Rubber Bands
- Wax Paper
- Toothpicks (or something sharp)
- Markers or Paint (We also colored some Corwin coloring sheets, that you can find for free here, and taped it onto the roll for decoration.)
- Gather your rubber band, wax paper, markers or paint and toilet paper roll for some kazoo fun.
- Decorate your roll how you wish. Some of us colored a coloring sheet and wrapped it around the roll instead of free painting.
- Next, cut the wax paper small enough to fit over the opening of one end of the roll.
- Fold the wax paper over and secure with the rubber band. (Shown in the image to the right.)
- Finally, poke holes in the paper with toothpicks so you can have that classic kazoo sound! 🎤
We recorded ourselves playing a cannon rendition of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” for your viewing pleasure. We hope the video sparks creativity with you and your community! 😂
Want more craft ideas? Click here to check out all our related posts!
Have you followed us on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest? It’s a great way to stay in touch, get an inside look into daily life here at Corwin and see the products we offer to help you better your community! 🤓