Make your own Snow Paint Snowman with just 2 ingredients! All you need is shaving cream and a bottle of white glue – both are available at the dollar store. Snow Paint Snowman is a calming, motor skill-driven activity, but really, they’re just fun to make!
You Will Need:
- A Bowl
- Paint Brushes
- Bottle of White Glue
- Bottle of Shaving Cream (not gel)
- White Glitter
- Colored Construction Paper
Making the Snow Paint
- Prep by grabbing your bowl, white glue, a bottle of shaving cream and a paintbrush.
- Combine the entire bottle of glue into the bowl along with enough shaving cream to cover the glue. Do not use the whole bottle of shaving cream.
- Mix thoroughly with your paintbrush, adding more shaving cream if needed.
- You should be left with fluffy snow paint!
Prepping your Snowman
- To begin, take out a black sheet of construction paper. If you have a hole punch handy, punch out roughly 7 circles per snowman and set aside.
- If you don’t have a hole punch, take out a black sheet of construction paper and fold it in half four times.
- With your scissors handy, cut out a small quarter-inch circle. Repeat if necessary.
- Next, you’ll want to take another black sheet of construction paper and cut out a hat for your snowman.
- Now, grab a sheet of orange construction paper. Cut a small carrot-shaped triangle from the paper.
- Choose 2-3 buttons for your snowman.
- Trim a piece of ribbon to 5 inches
- Grab glitter and set aside all of your items.
Making your Snowman
- Grab your favorite color construction paper.
- Using your paintbrush, scoop a big glob into the center of your brush, and begin painting the body for your snowman. We made this easier by adding two or three globs of snow paint to our paper and spreading them around to create the body and head.
- Don’t forget to add snow! Add snow paint to the “ground” in your painting, and maybe even a few snowflakes falling as well.
- Now we’ll decorate our snowman – grab some white glitter, empty some into your hand, pinch and sprinkle onto your snow.
- Add your snowman’s hat to the top of his head.
- Add his eyes using two black construction paper circles (2 large googly eyes if you have them). Do not press them into the “snow” – you won’t be able to see them as well.
- Add your snowman’s orange, triangle nose.
- Using 5 or so black circles, create your snowman’s smile.
- With your 2-3 buttons, drop them vertically down his chest.
- Grab your ribbon, tie a knot about a third of the way down the strand. With the shorter end in hand, place it over your snowman’s neck to give him a scarf.
Give your Snowman about 2 days to fully dry. He should be left nice and fluffy!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to email@example.com to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!