July is National Ice Cream Month, but you’re not going to want to miss out on National Ice Cream Day coming up this July 21st! What’s that? You have no ice cream? No need to worry – we’ll show you how to make your own homemade serving using ingredients in your kitchen. It’s super easy, and the best part, it only takes 10 minutes! You’re going to want to make ice cream every day after this!
You Will Need:
- ½ Cup of Half & Half/Milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Sugar or Substitute
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons of Ice Cream Salt/Coarse Salt/Table Salt
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- Pint or Quart Sized (Sandwich) Ziploc Bags
- In your sandwich bag, combine Half & Half or Milk with Vanilla Extract and Sugar. Make sure the bag is sealed well.
- Fill a gallon size freezer bag with ice and add salt.
- Place the small bag filled with ingredients in the bag of ice. Make sure this bag is sealed well.
- Shake the bag for 10 to 15 minutes or until the ice cream thickens.
- If the bag gets too cold, you may want to hold the bag with oven mitts or a towel.
- Remove the small bag from the bag of ice, rinse the salt from the bag. Open your bag of ice cream and add toppings of your choice!
- Enjoy your ice cream!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!