It’s DIY Friday! Are you feeling thankful, grateful & blessed? Spread the cheer around this Thanksgiving with this “Thankful Tree” Activity!
You Will Need:
- Construction Paper
- Printable Leaf Template
- Brown Kraft Paper
- Begin by Downloading and Printing out the Leaf Template provided below.
2. Next, cut out the leaf then lay it on top of a stack of colorful construction paper.
3. Trace the leaf laying on the top sheet.
4. With the stack of paper in hand, cut out the shape of the leaf you just traced.
5. You should be left with a bunch of colorful leaves. Hand your leaves out to your residents (allow them to choose their favorite color). Give your residents a pen or marker to sign their name on one side and what they’re thankful for on the other.
6. Collect your leaves and set aside.
7. To make the tree trunk we used a large roll of brown kraft paper, then cut to the length desired. Laying on a flat surface, we drew the outline of a tree with tree limbs sticking out whatever which way.
8. Cut out your tree shape and hang in a window using clear tape.
9. Next, have your residents tape their leaves to the tree – name facing one way and what they’re thankful for on the opposite side.
10. Admire your Thankful Tree!
Have you tried this craft? Email your crafts to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your craft featured on our Facebook Page!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!