Memorial Day is rounding the corner, and this year we wanted to make something special in honor of those who have fought and fallen for our country. A Clothespin Wreath! This DIY is so cheap you can get everything you need from the Dollar Store! Not to mention – it’s super cute!! Who knew clothespins could be so trendy!
You Will Need:
- About 100 clothespins
- A wire wreath (available at the dollar store)
- Red, White and Blue paints
- Paint Brushes
- Adhesive Foam Stars
- Command Hook and Strip
- Begin by clipping the clothespins to the wire wreath. We alternated clipping ours to the first then second wire.
- Fill the entire wreath with clothespins.
- Using a pencil, mark on your wreath which clothespins will be what color. R=Red W=White B=Blue
- Starting at the top of our wreath and working clockwise, we created a pattern of 4 reds and 4 whites.
- We continued this pattern about ¾ of the way. The last quarter of leftover clothespins should be marked blue.
- Once marked, remove your clothespins. With a few helping hands, paint each clothespin its respected color. Get creative! Add glitter or even write a soldier’s name on one of the pins to add a personal touch
- .Once the clothespins are painted and have been allowed time to dry, we can start clipping them back on!
- In the same pattern we started with, clip the clothespins to the wreath starting at the top and working clockwise.
- Again, the pattern should be 4 red, 4 white repeating. Once you are ¾ of the way done, the rest should be blue.
- Using the foam adhesive stars, remove the peel from the back and adhere to the blue side of your wreath.
- Using a command hook hang your Memorial Day Clothespin Wreath wherever you’d like!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!