Flag day is coming up this June 14th! Don’t miss out on our craft of the week – start collecting your supplies now! To celebrate Flag Day we created our very own windcatcher! Hang these babies outside and watch ‘em dance!
You will need:
- Red, White or Blue Construction Paper
- Adhesive foam stars
- Red, White and Blue Ribbon
- Hole Punch
- First, take your sheet of colored construction paper long ways and trim a strip of paper about 2 inches from the top. Set this strip aside.
- As shown in the video, take the larger piece of construction paper and roll it to make a cylinder – both ends should be touching. Secure with a piece of tape.
- Whip out the 2-inch strip you cut earlier and add a piece of tape to either end. Attach one side to the top of your cylinder and the other end directly across from it – this should form a handle.
- Next, using your hole punch, punch holes along the bottom about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Using your scissors and a ruler, measure and cut your red, white and blue ribbon into 12-inch strips. You want to have roughly the same amount, but enough to fit into the holes you just punched.
- Thread the ribbon through a hole, tie a knot in the middle and let the tails hang.
- Repeat step 6 while alternating ribbon colors to fill all of the holes punched.
- Finally, add adhesive foam stars, glitter or even sequins to decorate your wind catcher.
- Hang and enjoy!
Premium Newsletters and Calendars for the Health Care Industry! We’ll design, print and ship your custom calendar and/or Newsletter directly to your facility. It’s Fast and Easy! Click Here to sign up for yours today!